View Single Post
Old 08-20-11, 10:27 PM   #101
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Truth be told the blue light bars are nice and make the machine look great but the light is just to much sometimes. I have a clear sided case. The lights are bright and many. You might find one or two LED working is sufficient for the wow factor and not dominating or providing a bothersome light when enjoying the new computer.
That's my thinking exactly. I like the idea of the LED visible through the front of the case, which is black mesh. I've already got that fan in place and held the front panel over it, and it looks pretty cool without being overpowering. There are a couple of things inside the case that also have blue LED but they are fairly small and aren't right up against a panel vent like another LED fan would be, so they mostly just light up the inside of the case which is also nice.

Since I have no clear panels or windows and the case sits back in an alcove I can't see the point of having a lot of LEDs shining out the vents where the fans are, I think that would get old really fast.

Anyway I've got almost everything in there except the stuff that won't come until next week and that's stuff that would go in last anyway. I do have both optical drives and two HDDs in with all the cables hooked up plus the power/SATA cables for the last HDD are in there in position just waiting for the drive, and my front panel USB hub is in place just waiting to be hooked up to the adapter I ordered.

I'm really glad I got a case with a horizontal bay for the HDDs, it's so much easier getting the drives in and it leaves extra room for cables to run up and down inside the case without them curling up in front of the mobo and blocking air flow. Where I can't run them outside the drive bays and back in I've got plenty of space to run them up and down without blocking the big vents in the HDD bay, and since every other spot in there will be empty there's some good airflow from that front fan. I was concerned about it but when I fired it up I could feel cool air blowing over and under the drives and on through to the rest of the interior. Combined with the two side fans blowing air straight onto the GPUs and mobo I think it will stay plenty cool in there. Having the PSU on the bottom helps a lot too, any extra cable just coils up in the extra space in the bottom of the case without blocking anything that needs air. And I'm not fighting gravity with the big ATX/PCI-e power cables.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote