View Single Post
Old 10-16-21, 05:45 PM   #30
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Quote:
It is sad that the game appears to have been totally abandoned for Steel Beasts. I don't think that way - if something was good decades ago, it's still good!!!
Agree100%, if it is good it stays good.

And for us, little older folks what counts more is the good and deep gameplay, and not so much the wrapping ...the flashy graphics. Yes, the graphics count nowadays too, but graphics alone without the depth of the game did not leave any lasting memory or affection. However, those are the values known and understood well by the older generation of gamers and they are rather sadly not the leading factor among gamers now.

Quote:
It is sad that the game appears to have been totally abandoned for Steel Beasts.
Quote:
I have not given Steel Beasts a real chance and suspect I'm not interested because it's too realistic.
I again agree that Steel Beasts1 have learned from the experience and sometimes shortcomings of earlier M1TP2 and they took really the advantage of that. I am saying this not in a negative way just stating the fact that SB1 and then SBProPE is in many aspects more realistic and perhaps because of that ... for some of us more advanced and perhaps naturally better.

I would stick to M1TP2 for as long as it takes to really learn and explore that simulation, but (at least for me) it is a stepping stone to reexplore all tank simulations with a better understanding of the character, tactics, and strategy of modern tank battlefield.

Yours, it is a very special case as you have experienced the sweat, stress, and discomforts of armor vehicle training and you are not seeking to learn any more truth or realism above and beyond to what you already well know and remember. But maybe ...one day.

Quote:
I've also got two 128MB sticks of memory scheduled to arrive next week. I'm not sure if more memory will improve how the game runs or not - probably won't make a difference. I'm also on the hunt for a Creative 3Dfx card so I can run M1TP2 in SLI mode. The additional card might make the sim look even better. It actually looks fine now.
I see you go all the way into 3dfx immersion. Looking forward to seeing some shots.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote