keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01
as the Jyunsen B can travel 14000 miles at 16 knots I guess she could about get to the States and back ?

Using the measurement in mission editor it is about 12270 KM and that is one way. And a km is a little over 1/2 mile (.6) so I don't think it will make it. But then too a nautical mile is less than that and but I don't know whether the game uses nautical miles. That would still make the trip about 6500 + nautical miles one way. That doesn't leave much for hunting.

After the Pearl Harbor attack they sent the subron2 to refit in KWAJALEIN, Marshall Islands. That's closer to the US isn't it ?

A refuel at Wake would knot off 3000KM but we don't have wake at the beginning, not until I think the 23rd of Dec. I think that would work.
could do, or a mid ocean sub tender refuel ???

Or we could scrap the US missions until we get more info. Wake to San Diego is about 5500 miles straight line which would mean going between Midway and Pearl. In reality it really isn't a big deal, they didn't do much of anything there anyway.

Oh, BTW I did try the new version of Jyunsen B and it need to go to about 18 on the periscope depth. I think it's 16.5 or something like that. I was getting spotted by planes and ships.
it's all that junk you have on the tower, and I didn't mod the "ears" yet ! :rotfl:

I put a little less but still got spotted then put 18 in the .cfg file and it seems ok. Have to test in rough weather though.

do that please I'll make a small patch for set it to 18 m if it works.

Oh, another question, we are going to have these three boats from the start right?
PeabodyThey aren't ????

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote