View Single Post
Old 03-01-13, 12:19 AM   #8
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 17

Nothing concerns me about SHO. Why? Because i won't play it.
Too simplistic and restricted in development for my tastes. Looks like a game made for 10-year-olds tbh.
Also, there seems to be a general consensus here perhaps that Ubisoft has deemed sub sims dead under the water, we can see that with this latest installment, then why the hell do they persist in producing SHO? I mean really, if there is no dollars to be made in sub sims then why bother?

It's a niche market for one, and two, well, we all know what sort of release states the silent hunter series of games has had.
Why waste precious resources producing more sub sims when we and they know that it ain't gonna make them rich and no way in hell will there be ongoing support for it with upgrades/updates because.........sub sims are no money-makers for developers.

The key to it is if you want to produce sub sims, then you have to have passion! Not a view to milking the cow for all it's worth(making money). Passion!
Let's face it, Ubi has bigger fish to fry then stuffing around with a browser game which is marketed towards god-knows-who. Can't be sub simmers, surely!
Adolescent, puberty blue, pimply-faced teens who have a penchant for raising more than just a periscope. Who knows.

As for bigger fish, FarCry series, AC Series, to name 2.
Yea i realize also that game devs have seperate teams for seperate games being developed in-house.
Still, why oh why bother Ubisoft?

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Feuer Frei! is offline   Reply With Quote