View Single Post
Old 09-25-21, 12:18 PM   #18
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Win10 has been messing with me also lately. When using MultiSH4, the folder created for the Saved games don't always end up in the Documents folder, and are sometimes found in the root of the C drive. A few days later, OneDrive syncs, and presto-change-oh, there the folder is, in the Documents folder. Very strange, but only since I've gotten the "new" Windows... Messed with all of my web sessions also, change my program associations (again), and deleted stuff that I apparently didn't need anymore... extremely rude behavior.

But anyway, what I've been finding is that I have had to change the settings of the SH4.exe properties page more lately. I used to get by with none, or maybe one of the boxes ticked, depending upon the computer. Now I have to tick all of these on the one:

I never had to do the "Compatibility" before, but the new desktop machine I have now requires that, set to Windows 7. The laptop doesn't. Then there is the "Disable full-screen optimizations", which I now have to use on two of three computers, both of which have relatively new nVidia cards - but nothing fancy. The "Run this program as an administrator" is only needed on the laptop for whatever reason, and it does increase the UAC (User Access Control) interruptions much more frequently, but you do what you gotta do. Last, but certainly not least, I have had to click on the "Change high DPI settings" button on the same two desktops, and then click "Overide high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: Application". Three computers, all three set differently now than before, and no two alike, all three intel...

It is easiest to get SH4 running if you set Windows to use the "native" resolution of your monitor, which windows will show as "Recommended". Then in the game, set it to the same resolution. The main fix for my newer computer is the "Disable full-screen optimizations", because Windows otherwise tries to makes things "prettier" and "in-focus"... which the game does that itself. But you'll have to experiment with them all. If all else fails, you could try to open the Data/ Cfg / Main.cfg file in a text editor, and set the resolution in there to match your computer:
[VIDEO]
Resolution=1920,1080,60,22
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=Yes
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes
Or even try setting the FullScreen=No

Still do what KaleunMarco suggests though...
I rarely use win10 because I hate it, I tried running SH4, I get the nothing, no error ect. When I right click on the icon or the sh4.exe I don't get the properties screen like that with the compatibility tab! Suggestions? I used to have the compatibility tab. but its not there now. How do I make sure I'm the administrator? I'm guessing at this point I must not be, i don't understand why i wouldn't be cause I'm the only one on that POS 10 machine.

EDIT EDIT: I figured out I am the administrator and for some reason i had to left click on the .exe before i right clicked on it, then I got the proper tab! Man I hate 10. Now to try this all out.

EDIT again, no joy for me. Of course i have it installed in the default folder, guess I'll try uninstalling and putting it in another folder as always suggested.

Last edited by 1Patriotofmany; 09-25-21 at 12:39 PM.
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote