View Single Post
Old 08-05-20, 04:53 AM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendor View Post
21 euros? It sounds like peanuts, got the impression that it is about completely different money. I remember when you posted the thread several years ago ... and described it in "detail",
There is a 20% price reduction to celebrate the release of the full version, it normally will cost around I think 27 or so. Still cheap, imo, for the fun this brings.

It was not me but somebody else mentioning it in the past, I was the guy running a VR games thread, but VTOL was described by somebody else.

It has been designed from scratch to work best with VR from beginning on, and avoiding the current setbacks VR displays currently have. Designing a game for VR this way, pays off. It brings the strengths of VR to shine, and evades many of the negatives.

Think of this as a mix of F19 Stealth Fighter and Total Air War, and the result squared. It also reminds me a bit of Jane'S F/A-18 Super Hornet.

I have posted the link with the tutorial videos in my first post, the author calls them "nuggets", they are 2-4 minutes in length each. Each nugget deals with one explicit aspect: launching from carrier, landing at night, air refueling, GBU dropping, etc.

I must reiterate how nicely the planes handles with Rift controllers. I really do not miss hardware stick and throttle.

Since there is no written manual, only tutorial missions with spoken and written explanations, some things are left for discovery via finding out while doing it. I consider that to be part of the fun.

The flight physics are very solid, imo, results in speed and altitude changes during aggressive manouvering are in the range of what I would expect from other examples like Falcon etc. Its no flying on rails. Sensor and weapon bubble modelling also seems to be more sophisticated than is apparent intitially, I red surprisingly in-depth discussions of the AIM120 for example at Steam, on why it has such a surprisingly low kill rate (its an overestimating-the-range thing, many people seem to fire it way too early, and even launch unsupported).

Last edited by Skybird; 08-05-20 at 05:06 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote