View Single Post
Old 10-11-19, 10:05 PM   #5373
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
Was late to the NYGM game but am largely disappointed with a number of aspects of the mod version 6F. In my current 1944 career I have sailed from Bergen through the Faeroe's - Orkney gap to Rockall without a single crash dive due to aircraft. In GWX3 I would be crash-diving five or six per day on quiet days.

-C
Yeah, I've done a number of campaigns in both mods. Started at the same dates, flotillas, etc. for a good comparison.

To me, there's not much overall difference between the two gameplay wise once they're both "modded" the same*, but I feel the AI in GWX is marginally tougher.
But one thing I've learned; comparing AI responses to a given scenario is a losing proposition. To many variables in the game to do so objectively.
One can say, "Aha ! Mod X was better in this scenario than Mod Y !" Only to do the test again, and have the opposite results.

In your example, weather maybe affecting things ?

* = I.e, adding things to GWX that come stock in NYGM. Cam ship, fire damage, wolf packs, etc.
Making the two as similar as possible for comparison testing in other words.
I chose adding to GWX vs subtracting from NYGM because adding to is easy than taking out, for me anyway.
Plus, I like the NYGM features I added to GWX anyway. Although one big plus for NYGM, at least for me, is that it never crashes trying to load a save.
GWX almost always takes numerous tries before it'll finally load. Can be a pain wasting a half hour just to get the game to load at times.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 10-11-19 at 10:14 PM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote