View Single Post
Old 05-28-11, 05:16 PM   #57
dannygjk
Mate

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Modding SH1

I would gladly mod silent hunter 1. All I need is the tools which are used to write/edit the assembly language/machine code. I have a legal copy of SHCE.

I learned assembly language programming back in the early 80's and my bro and I used to mod games all the time. I had bought an app to write and mod assembly/machine code and after 2-3 months of study we started to work on games.

It's a time in my life that I greatly miss altho I did spend too much time in front of a computer. Over the years we wrote some small games for our and our friends amusement. It takes a helluva lot of time tho to write software and sometimes a lot of time even to make small mods. I haven't done much coding for several years but always craved to get back into it. One problem tho is it's so addictive, lol.

The initial stage of studying the piece of software is very time-consuming-can take weeks just to get familiar with it.

Then of course there is the legal issue as to whether it is legal to distribute modded copies, (even for free).
dannygjk is offline   Reply With Quote