View Single Post
Old 09-16-19, 04:20 PM   #35
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Since Iran knows that it would be the first one suspected of this and that since we have Trump as president, with his "unpredictable" reputation,

Why would Iran choose to do this at this time?

Why would they decide to attack this target at this time?

What is the risk benefit equation for this decision?

The Iranians are many things, but stupid they ain't.

They are not going to do anything like this unless it serves a significant purpose at this time that will justify it, especially when Iran is trying to maintain sympathy with the EU.

I don't know of any tactical or strategic goal of Iran that would justify this attack at this time. It is entirely possible that there are goals that I am not aware of, of course.

However, a group like the Houthis. once they got the needed weapons, might decide to attack this target at this time just to mess things up.

The Houthis have much less to lose than the Iranians. Therefore they are more prone to take these types of risks.

Just because Iran supports the Houthis does not mean that they control them. We have learned that lesson ourselves.

Lots of unanswered questions that really need answering before we make any decisions.
I can't answer all of your questions, but by blaming the attacks on the rebel group Houthis ... Iran hopes to convince the EU to be on their side in ignoring President Trump sanctions on Iran's oil production due to Europe needs oil.

They know President Trump won't give in ... It's sort of like open black mail with Iran saying stop these sanctions and will supply you with oil. Don't stop the sanctions and our little rebel friends will take out the other half of Saudi's oil productions.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote