View Single Post
Old 08-06-19, 08:48 PM   #96
AzureSkies
Blue Water Dev

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
A very interesting project! Looking forward for it and will be happy to buy it when it will be ready. Also happy that Soviet side will be playable.
Best wishes with development!
Thanks! And I'm looking forward to it, myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman View Post
Will Sea State play a great role in sensor detection or combat resolution such as sea-skimmers?

Aircraft operations? NWAC had aircraft actually crashing due to severe weather.
Well, I guess if NWAC did it I'll have to do it.

As of the moment, a high sea state already decreases the effective seeker range of cruise missiles.

So implementing a high sea state making it harder to detect the missiles themselves should be coming soon...

Aircraft handling will be a bit of a tougher one to implement, but it's definitely worth a shot.

I'll also have to experiment to see if the sea state already naturally decreases ships' max speed. I don't know if you noticed, but in the sailing video, the velocity indicator of the ship was bobbing around on the map - the waves actually push and pull on the ship. Theoretically, this should naturally create the speed reduction seen IRL by high seas. But it doesn't seem to be showing up on the speed dial - but that may be because of how it determines speed.

So, basically, I'll have to play with it.

...Wait, did I say something about cruise missiles?

Next update coming real soon here...
AzureSkies is offline   Reply With Quote