Thread: CAOTD vs. AOTD
View Single Post
Old 12-25-21, 10:57 PM   #29
Silent Otto
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon7

So, referring back to around post 22, I played around a little more with the issue of changing homeports and getting your sub to move to a different port and simulate starting out the next patrol at the new destination.

So far, the only way I can do it, is to keep that last saved file, then move the sub physically to the desired homeport and save the game. Then, go back to replay that first saved file (replaying the last "relocate" patrol) and you should be starting out where you last parked your boat.

I've noticed this (memory issue) before as well. Let's say you're in a Type VII boat during a career game but you decide to go play a single mission. If you don't choose a different type sub, you will play that mission as a Type VII. However, if you change your boat to say, a Type IX for the single mission and then go back to the career game, your boat will now be a Type IX until you change it back.

The more you know, the more questions you have...

Something we could try. If you wanted your homeport and/or sub type to change, could you stop the career game where you ended it, play a single mission game and change the homeport/sub type and then go back to the career game and the desired changes automatically took effect? We could try that.