Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
I disagree. If you leave the station to do something else, those warnings are pretty important.
Well, TIW is not the ONLY way to see if a torpedo is dropped...when you are back to sonar, you will find out yourself. HOPEFULLY, it will take some time before the torpedo reaches you...
Evasion needs to begin immediately even if launched from a distance; we also have air and rocket-dropped torps that sometimes don't give us more than a few seconds to react to.

Being able to turn on/off TIW warnings would basicly be a second level of autocrew. I think we're better of having that option than not having it...but, outside of a "standard" sub vs sub match, I don't imagine people ever turning the warning off. With multiple opponents or air threats, there's just too much for you to do without having this level of "autocrew" to help you out.

I think it would be better if the TIW was fixed so that it only occured if an unwashed, unbaffed, in-range sensor can detect it. In fact, even if we get the option to turn the warnings off, this fix won't be needed any less. Kinda like the aTMA fix that we need so badly; even if we can get rid of the problem by turning it off, we should be able to have it on without cheating.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote