View Single Post
Old 04-24-19, 01:32 PM   #25
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaileyatd View Post
Guy, the game you describe has been made a million times... A game like Wolfpack has never existed before. Every single thing you describe is available right now in existing games. If you want a single player campaign with upgradable boats and time compression... why not Sh3, SH4, or Sh5 or whatever other subsim game? And if you're not willing to throw mods on these then you aren't willing to get what you want.

It is patently ridiculous to compare Wolfpack to Fortnite or MMO games. Wolfpack is an insanely detailed hardcore simulation of a type VII uboat that is a passion project developed by a tiny independent developer. It just happens to not have the scope and specific features YOU want. It isn't multiplayer to share achievements on facebook, nor do you have to pay microtransactions for custom Kreigsmarine hats or upgraded torpedoes... It is only multiplayer because one person cannot effectively control an entire boat by themselves when the controls are broken down to such narrow and realistic methods.

Honestly, if you aren't impressed by updated graphics, you don't want more in depth boat controls than pressing "p", and you don't care to walk around the boat... What would a Silent Hunter 6 possibly offer you that isn't already out there?

Yes it has. It's called Star Trek VR Crew or whatever. This is the samething, with a WW2 coat of paint. And without the VR (which I'm hoping is just a fad). I'm not saying these guys stole the idea. But this game definitely exist.

Silent Hunter 3 is old and isn't played much anymore. SH4 is a buggy joke of a mess. Silent Hunter 5 was a rip off I was smart enough not to get had by.

The modding community here has suddenly become very "get off my lawn" and doesn't seem to want to help the actual community. In their defense I remember when their work was getting stolen and placed into paid DLCs.

I've got plenty of mods, and made a good number of my own for myself. You can't fix the foundation of a house by slapping a fresh coat of paint on it.

What could Silent Hunter 6 do that 3-5 haven't? Actually work. Not be left with tons of bugs we have no way of fixing for lack of Developer Tools, and Copyright Laws. It could be a game where you can play a fleet boat or a uboat. With DLCs to add the RN, and IJN subs, and others people would love to see.

And that's just off the top of my head mate.

And again this boils down to: You have the game you want, but you don't want me to have the game I want.

Last edited by Slyguy3129; 04-24-19 at 03:10 PM.