View Single Post
Old 04-23-19, 06:02 PM   #21
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaileyatd View Post
Dude. Seriously? Wolfpack is a game designed specifically for multi-player crews to cooperatively drive a German type 7 Uboat in a more detailed and accurate fashion than ever.

Silent Hunter et al are games designed to be played by yourself in single player with a broader control scheme for the boat itself.

They are two different games, two different philosophies, and two different goals that happen to be in the same setting.

IF YOU DON'T WANT A MULTIPLAYER GAME DON'T PLAY IT! We aren't trying to convince you to LOVE Wolfpack! Wolfpack is a multiplayer game! By design! Game developers are not bound to create the exact game you want, they make the game that either THEY WANT or they think other people want. And you know what? Obviously this game isn't for everyone, but for those who it was designed for IT IS PERFECT.

It's like you are purposefully being dense about this.

PS. Re-reading your post above I am seriously thinking you have literally not looked into this game any further than "Its multiplayer, UGH". It is NOT multiplayer Silent Hunter, which wouldn't make any sense. In Wolfpack you TURN WHEELS and SWING LEVERS, not just hit "P". It takes multiple people to do this with speed and accuracy, just as in real life. And if you had looked into any games, you'd see this game is DEFINITELY NOT 15 minute arcade games. Seems like 2 hours is minimum for most serious games, and I've been in ones that lasted more than twice that. You do not start in visual range of the convoy, but need to use your hydrophones to locate them (most accurate and detailed hydrophones I've ever seen in a subsim BY THE WAY). Why am I explaining this to you? All of this is obvious to even a casual observer of the game. I believe your mind is made up and you are not interested in doing anything but blowing off your steam and letting everyone know "how mad you are"

Isn't that the point of forums? To let the people who are making the game know whether you are happy with their design decisions or not? Please correct me if I have misunderstood the entire point.

Again, I'm so very thrilled that some of you out there are getting the exact game you have always wanted. And again, that must be a wonderful, warm fuzzy feeling to get. Must be nice!

By acting like I don't have any right to be upset and express my severe displeasure means you don't want me to have the game that I eventually would very much like to have while you get to piddle around in the game you've always wanted. It's pretty easy to be "pig in slop" happy when you have the game you want. It's not easy to be "pig in slop" happy when it seems like every single day Submarine Simulations get more and more rare, and the chances of you ever getting the game you've dreamed of for 30 years gets more and more extinct.
__________________________________________________ ______________

But anyways, I just dropped in to be fair. Since I was so very hyper critical of the other, I notice a new advertisement banner on the top of the page. It does a far, far better job at selling the product they are making. In fact, just reading it, almost got me excited for it.

I won't be buying it, there won't be any way for me to play it. I can only hope that because this game gets made, maybe, if I beg, and plead, and cry, next time, I can get the game I wanted.

But knowing my universal luck, right before that game goes gold, I'll die.