View Single Post
Old 02-19-13, 11:48 AM   #29
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Sorry to reanswer Salior Steve's post's, he's quite right......you need to have the 1.5 version of the game to try any of the latest Operation Monsun mods.

I used Direct2Drive to purchase the added German Missions patch (version 1.5) when it first came out. When D2D passed off their work to Gamefly I decided not to open another can of worms and looked for a CD version of the Gold Edition. I found it on iNetvideo for under $9.00. Received it within 3 days of purchase. I see the price has dropped since I purchased, down to under $8.00 now!

Still higher than buying SH5 for only $6.49 (tells you which game is more desired).

Once installed, "extract" a fresh copy of JSGME to the desktop......copy/paste the folder "MODS", and the remaining files:
JoneSoft.txt
JSGME.exe
JSGME.ini
JSGMEHelp.txt
to your UbiSoft/Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific game folder (or wherever you put it). By all means, open JSGME and go to the "Tasks" menu. Have JSGME take a Snapshot of your fresh SH4 game files. You'll use it later, after loading/unloading mods, to compare the stock game files with the files you had when the game was first installed. That's the only way of knowing for sure if your stock game files have been corrupted with the various ways mods will do. If JSGME was fool proof, they wouldn't have put this feature in it's application.

Download the following Operation Monsun and OMEGU mods found in the "Downloads" menu of this forum, look under SH4, "Mega-mods" section:
OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

Make sure the 5 "extracted" above mods are in the "MODS" folder of JSGME.....with their mod title name as the first folder.......the second folder should have the title "Data" under each mod. If the "Data" folder is not in the second folder position of the mod, there's too many folders of something? in your extraction. The mod will not install correctly.

The OMEGU v300 mod is the only OM mod that provides an new/different load screen with the Operation Monsun name as a title.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 02-19-13 at 12:00 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote