Thread: Learning......
View Single Post
Old 08-06-20, 05:49 AM   #7
kapura
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Tutorial missions aren't well made (like better half of this game and it's one of my favourite games xD) AFAIK on the beginning of this convoy attack tutorial there are already 3 destroyers aware of your presence and heading your direction on full speed.

Ingame tutorials are totally skippable when it comes to combat, basic navigation is quite easy too. SH3 was my first game in the genre and i've jumped straight to campaign, SH4 is very similar on many aspects. If you are going to play with manual targeting and without auto drawing targets on the map, then ingame help is not enough anyway. If You want to play with auto targeting and autoupdating map, You shouldn't need much help anyway :P

Remember your enemy is more likely to spot your periscope, than hearing you on hydrophones in vanilla :P

=========

one additional thing. SH4 has some crazy game breaking bugs. One of it is creating task forces consisting of hundreds of ships - it most likely is going to kick you to desktop, but if you happen to save the game when this thing already spawned, most likely you won't be able to load it. Use at least two different save slots during campaign using one after another on different encounters

Last edited by kapura; 08-06-20 at 06:20 AM.
kapura is offline   Reply With Quote