Thread: WoT Live?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-11, 01:42 AM   #15
tvt_addict
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Wargaming.net have undoubtedly found a money maker. They have just earned themselves an entry in the Guinness Book of Records for 125000 players online at one time?

The game was closed beta, as many will know. This moved to open beta.

It goes live on 12 April.
At this point everything except your name will be deleted from the system.
Everyone has to start again, and that may mean a long hard slog.

Boxed sets can be bought. You are effectively paying in advance for a bulk amount of gold, and depending on how much gold you buy, you get a free light, medium or heavy tank. Top prices are not cheap, and may well be beyond the reach of children and players in countries where this amount of money simply is not available.

After 12 April you can buy gold at around £10/$10/10 Euro's for about 2500 (If the rumours are true).

Closed Beta testers may get a free tank or three as a reward.
It appears that Open Beta testers may get nothing.

You can play the game for free, you do not need gold to play.

This being the case, my advice is to play the Russian starter tank, and stick to the Russian Tree if you want a Russian tank. Do not waste time/credits on playing random tanks as without gold you cannot convert your experience from them to research alternatives.

The trick to playing without gold is to research the minimum on each tank to get to the next, without buying it, and without leaving experience stuck in the tank. Remember, without gold you cannot use it on a later tank.

I welcome the hard wipe, as it will erase all of the lemming squad who wreck the game. I have played over 5000 battles, and reckon that out of those there have probably only ever been 20 occasions when a small group have read each others minds and known instinctively what to do. When that happens it is magical, and the effects are devastating for the enemy.

Sadly, a bunch of kids with 'big tanks' will rarely understand tank warfare?

Rob G
tvt_addict is offline   Reply With Quote