View Single Post
Old 07-17-19, 12:03 AM   #1
blackfalcon
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Range finding

Hello folks,

I am currently not using any major rework mods and I am trying to figure out a way to calculate the range of my targets. I was finding myself completely unable to hit even the slow moving targets from the tutorial. I use manual targeting and I have disabled map updates for target locations. I know the stadimeter is broken so I downloaded a mod from this website that is suppose to fix it. Even so, I was still unable to hit anything. I restarted and removed all the realism from the game so I could see the actual distance to the target just by clicking on its icon on the minimap. It turns out that for what ever reason the stadimeter is legit increasing the distance reading by 2.5x more than actual. Ie, an 800 meter target is showing 2 whole kilometers away.

I have tried to find guides online but they either use a bunch of mods, real time targets on the map, or just completely skip over the basics on range finding.

From what I understand, I aim my parascope at the top of the targets highest point and then move the image down until the highest point is just below the lowest point. What am I missing?
blackfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote