View Single Post
Old 07-17-22, 08:11 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Interested, hopeful/

I've been following this sim's development for a while and am hopeful. I have yet to play it, I do not like to play sims until they are finished or close to it, unless I am a tester.

Idea of running a sub with other human players is great, look forward to that.

I have to ask about a key element that is somehow always left out of WW II subsims for a unknown reason...ability to conduct historically accurate night surface attacks, without getting shot up/destroyed every time. This is primarily due to the nights always being far too light, how AI visual sensors work. In SH 4 TMO and Dark Waters I have been able to modify this sufficiently so can perform realistic night surface attacks in the pacific with fleetboats and in the Atlantic with U Boats, including attacking from inside the convoy under some conditions. However, if things were properly done from the start, would be no need and would work better.

So, how are the nights in wolfpack? I've only watched videos . Will realistic night surface attacks, including getting inside the convoy under certain circumstances be possible? If not, I hope this will make it into final game.
Night surface attacks were the preferred tactic at night, kills immersion and realism of a sim when can not perform such attacks.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote