View Single Post
Old 02-12-20, 06:49 PM   #429
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by burki View Post
I have literally reinstalled the game and deleted the sh4 folder in my documents. Saves become unplayable usually when im by japanese ships and airplanes. Its annoying as hell. Plus ive been getting the usual sh4 glitch where the deck crew sometimes doesnt want to show itself when I surface / or they love the water and dont go inside when I submerge way more often now then in previous editions of FOTRSU
A key strategy when attempting saves is making sure you are not near land, ships and airplanes. Most of the time you have no idea where the ships and planes are in relationship to the submarine but I use the twenty mile rule. If anything is within twenty miles I suspect the file might be corruptible.

To avoid this I never save within 20 and even 50 miles from land. I only save at night and on the surface. While this will limit the number of planes that might be near by but not detected you can have a stray ship depending on the shipping routes you might be near.

I use Time Compression ... A LOT ... I have never had an issues with save from this however as I always drop to X1 then to X0 and then save the game. I will use the TC to gauge nearby shipping. If your running your time compression at its highest with a nearby ship you get a stuttering effect in the movement of the submarine over the map. No ships - you get a smooth movement.

At night, 20 or more miles from land normally 50 miles, and TC with no stuttering then I will drop out to X1 then to X0 and save ... fairly but not 100 % sure nothing is near by. I get maybe a one percent chance of a corrupt save like this. I also delete previous saves except for the last two. If I can load a save then to me it is a known good file and I delete everything previous to that point. I then save the next one and if that one does not load I still have my known good file to go back on. Keeping to many saves has in the past been known to cause issues.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote