View Single Post
Old 02-11-20, 07:52 PM   #425
sperril
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
So you were inside the DD defense screen then. Hopefully, the next release will fix the failure of them to respond to your presence after the first torp hit. As far as your engines go, there is indeed a "completely destroyed" in the game. Same for the electrics and for the rudders. Now, in real life, if you lost your rudders, you could use the engines to steer with, but SH4 does not split the engines. In real life, you lose an engine, you'd try to cobble parts from one to fix the other. But there would be damages that are "permanent", which is what you found when you detonated the ammunition stores (most likely) on that troopship. Not to "cheat" or anything, but your batteries don't ever fully deplete in the game. You might be able to submerge and extricate yourself from the situation, come up and get some air, then continue submerged until you need air again... Of course, beginning of a career, it is much easier to start again, though the odds of getting the same assignment again are not real high...
I never detected a single destroyer on the way in, I just sailed up to the ships. I've sat for over a day of game time fixing up the boat without being attacked by DDs. I was, however, harassed and attacked by float-planes pretty much constantly.

Is there any indication when permanent damage occurs? My damage control screen shows the engines to be in good working order. Only one of the 4 diesel engine lines showed damage, to my knowledge.

But yeah, I'll probably just start over. I'm just wondering if I have some type of corruption to warrant a clean up and reinstall...
sperril is offline   Reply With Quote