View Single Post
Old 02-11-20, 05:48 PM   #423
sperril
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

I'm having a little trouble and can't see it's been reported before. First patrol out of Manila in an S-boat. I've done 2 patrol zones and was then tasked with the landing in Lingayen Gulf. I found 8 or so small troopships without any protection at anchor. I hit 3 with my initial wave of torps. Coming closer to a fourth with the scope up I didn't notice any defensive weapons. I surfaced the boat near #4 to get to work with the deck gun. My first shot caused a massive explosion that I was caught in. I suffered serious damage due to how close I was. After sinking everything else in range, I spent time getting the damage fixed.

Here's the problem: The only things left that need repair are both of the periscope heads and the radio antenna. I had already repaired 1 diesel engine and 2 electric engines, plus the batteries. I can't make the diesels run. If I submerge, the electric runs fine. I've tried turning the battery charger off, but still no go. Is there some type of permanent engine damage feature that I'm not aware of? The game accepts the order of "ahead standard," the telegraph moves, but the props never turn.

Thanks in advance!
sperril is offline   Reply With Quote