View Single Post
Old 11-30-20, 04:10 AM   #4082
marcelw93
Swabbie

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
You have H.sie's patch where it belongs in the mod order; last. That means the file that controls the messages, en_menu.txt isn't being overwritten by any other mod with the same file. I.e,. Thompson's sound pack has the same file. I don't know the "English & Duetsch" mod.
So in that case, one of two things is the cause:
1. Said text file is not in H.sie's folder. It shoud be under data\menu.

2. Said text file is in H.sie's folder but it wasn't modded correctly per his instructions. I.e., the added messages weren't added to the end of your en_menu.txt file.
3. The "We're taking damage" message is #604 in the file. See if it or any of the other messages mentioning damage are incorrect in any way.

Not getting the messages is always either an incorrect installation or the file being overwritten.
Yeah, its only the sound mod, which also contains an en_menu file. I reinstall the game with mods, but the problems is still there. I also checked that the en_menu file was changed correctly. On patrol I receive messages about oxygen which is a positiv test accordingly to the manual of the Hardcore fix. The line we´re taking damage is also correct. I don't know exactly which lines are missing, but it happens normally after i hit a mine. I think, that the reason is maybe the Tssk18 german u-Boat compilation. But this mod change just the command_en, not the en_menu file. 2020-11-29 19_25_19-Greenshot.jpg

The Englisch & Deutsch Mod comes with the ARB WideGUI to change design for use with german and english language.

Thank you for your help.

Marcel
marcelw93 is offline   Reply With Quote