View Single Post
Old 10-24-20, 09:57 AM   #1
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0
Default The question of sounds in SH4

After watching so many US Navy submarine movies, and the didactic episodes of the old "Silent Service" series, the consensus seems to be that two blasts of the horn is "dive" and three blasts is "surface." This is the case with the stock SH4 sounds, but by trying and combining some mods that enhance the ambient sounds, this is not always the case as sometimes in the emergency dive a single long tap is heard. Sometimes there is no honking. A voice screamed "Alarm" in the best of Das Boot style sometimes also infiltrated.I don't know if the collision warning signal is included in any of these mods, at least I never heard it. Another thing that is repetitive is the "Yes sir", and although I looked in the sounds section I could not find the equivalent mod to the German "No Jawoll". It would seem that in the submarines - unlike the great warships - there was a certain informality. I do not know if the crew sometimes said to the captains: "Skipper", as in the series "Voyage to the bottom of the sea". These comments are doubts that I have, that surely there will be someone who is kind enough to clarify me. From already thank you very much. Greetings!
jorgegonzalito is offline   Reply With Quote