View Single Post
Old 05-18-19, 03:45 AM   #8
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
last night it came time to go to town and grab some dinner. So, i submerged the boat, and just let it run on 1x time compression. Surely the crew wont die of suffocation in the 2 hours i'll be gone?

came home... all hands lost due to suffocation

I recall reading in books during my SHIII days about long protracted engagements against destroyers, and U-boats being pinned down for 4 and 5 hours of depth charging, or being depth charged badly and escaping around midnight-1am and staying submerged until daybreak.

At any rate, i feel like the oxygen availability for the VIIC crew in U-boat is way too low. when i submerge, even when rigged for silent running, i see running out of oxygen in 1 hour 15 minutes sometimes.

In real life, we would have oxygen canisters, rebreathers for the entire crew, and the ventilation system to help prolong this.

but for now, the ventilation system can be used infinitely even when the potassium runs out, i once left the ventilator on for an entire 5 day cruise and never had an oxygen issue.

in this game, even with the ventilation system working like a charm, i have been cornered by aircraft and destroyers for such a length of time that i had no choice but to surface or have everyone suffocate.

what i wanted, was a more Silent Hunter III type of oxygen duration, without having to micromanage the bugged ventilator cheat, or risk surfacing my boat in the middle of a pack of destroyers. So...

what i did to fix this was navigate to:

Steamapps/common/uboat/uboat_data/data sheets

next open the data sheet entitled "general"

scroll down and find the /RESOURCES group of text

under "Oxygen consumption per character" the default value is "-1.00E-05"

double click that value and "-0.00001" becomes editable text

change the value to "-0.000001999" then save and exit

you will see oxygen depletion values of about 6 hours instead of 1 hour 15 minutes moving forward

So, 2 hours is 20 game hours. Is that right?