View Single Post
Old 11-17-20, 08:49 PM   #4
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfiller View Post
I'll have to add that to a list of things to do after after completed the campaign building I am doing ..... the depth charges involve changing one of the working torpedo types to turn it into a depth charge. You then use the torpedo launching systems (TDC etc.) to drop depth charges from a playable destroyer (the torpedo tubes have to be mounted to the destroyer obviously). As for converting the destroyer to be playable ... that around 24 hours of work. When I was doing lots of these, I could convert a ship to make it playable in around 4 hours ... but then tuning the damage system and other systems and testing made up the rest of the time. I take my hat off to folk who can create the 3D models (I don't have the skills to do that), but the technical work to convert a unit to playable and work the damage model in S3d takes a lot of time.

If someone can tell me how to take a video from Sh4 (I have never done that) then I could post up a demo of depth charging an AI submarine and post it up here. I also can't take credit for the depth charging coding ... I had help from a very old resource on here .... I think it was Lurker, but I honestly can't remember. Lurker was a real wizard with this stuff ;-)
We are in luck the Super Fletch has 10 tubes and has 2 4 tube launchers showing so we'd have 2 tubes for depth charges,, that would complete the beast
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote