Hello !

Really nice torpedo boat, I like it !
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
I've found some small problems though :

- no "caustics" on the underwater hull ;
- instead there is a UnifiedRender Controler which might not work in SH3 ;
True. I'm not an expert on those kinds of controllers, so i mantained the parent unit's ones. Easy to solve, btw. Good for next version

Quote:
- it seems that the diffuse color of the materials has an effect on the texture's color in game (although I've always seen in stock SH3 units that it has no impact at all, which is strange....... it seems that S3D doesn't show all the parameters involved), so I would recommand to give a white color to this diffuse color (unless you really want the texture to be darker in game) ;
I really want the texture to be darker in game Materials' diffuse color has been chosen by texture's author. I really love the effect. But, if you don't like it, feel free to change it in your installation

Quote:
- the anti-mine device on the stern ("paravane") looks way too big for me .
I've used the same object from others unit, like Navigatori, Soldati, Spica classes etc. I think those were "standard" equipment for every classes who use them, so i copy and paste them from unit (where they were correct) to unit.

Btw, some original pics show them, and they appear to be higher than the visible hull, for example:

They appear to be high as half of the funnels (?)

Quote:
By the way, what kind of file did you use to create the .dat file ? Is it a .dat file from SH4 ?

Else, do you plan to make this unit able to split in two ?
-Yes, parent unit was an SH3 model converted by unknow author from SH4
-Maybe, this could be material for a next version also, a more radical improvement. This could require to give a new game to the mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
I would call it "Tre Pipe TB - 2022 edition"
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
This could require to give a new game to the mod
Good one, thanks!!

Best regards,
Vd

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is offline   Reply With Quote