View Single Post
Old 02-16-06, 08:42 AM   #11
Cpt-Maxim
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

I found ERT back in the day when they were offering beta CD's for $20 several years ago- and if you bought the beta cd you were delivered a full version of the game when it was released (at $40 retail.. but you got it free being a beta user) and ERT always kept their word and not only delivered.. but delivered autographed copies to boot.. even during the time other publishers were not keeping their end of the bargain, ERT shipped these out of their own pocket - I imagine ERT took a loss when you consider handling it out of their office and shipping costs all in the name of keeping their word..

Not many developers are interested in keeping their long ago vapor ware promises.. I can name multiple companies that ERT shines above and beyond in every way.. nothing negative to say about EAST or how his company is run. Take the time to ask for help and he answers you personally? That is unheard of from big name brash companies that are too good for you, but not too good for your dollar.. they give you a website FAQ to solve your own problems.. I remember the first time EAST helped me with a technical issue.. I thought to myself "hmm.. maybe I got lucky to get an answer so fast, eventually when they are well-known, he wont have time for his customers like all the rest of the big software think tanks - I will get some dumb intern on the phone.." - but here we are years later, and EAST still handles even the worst whiners with style and helpful attitude.. you have to ask yourself, who do you know in your personal life that can do "that"?

All this time and have I been watching the forums, supporting them to the max wherever I can, been to the enigma conference, and met the company employees and had a great time knowing these people.

These are people you want to talk with, not yell at.. they will always be your friends if you let them..

You may find me on one of these teamspeak servers:
Subsim.com - subsim.teamspeak3.com
WWII Battleground Europe, Allied, - ts.wwiionline.com:9988
Elite Dangerous, Gamers Cove - 82.21.87.49
Cpt-Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote