View Single Post
Old 01-26-12, 12:42 AM   #6
Darkhunter
Watch

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

EDIT 1: SOLUTION FOUND. Finally figured out it was "Ship class ID" under the "Ship Class Dialog" in DWedit. It was just my luck that the object ID/Index number was coincidentally the same as the ship class ID/Index number. Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the incorrect weapon placements for *cloned* objects. Changing the launchers location changes the location for all platforms associated.

Hmmm, I've run into more problems.

In controllers.ini, the name of the platform is followed by a number; I.E. for P-3 Orion it's: [Interface] "P3" 25. However, the number "25" seems arbitrary and does not match the DWEdit's index number of "35." Out of shear coincidence DWedit's index of "21" for the F-14 Tomcat coincides with the controllers.ini of "21." In my controllers.ini I have the following:

[Interface] "F-14" 21

I copied the P-3 interface, changed the name and number to the above, and when I go in-game the P-3 model is replaced with the F-14. Great, right? Not really. Any time I make changes to the launchers it affects all platforms associated. I figured that would happen so I tried making my own launchers but I have to tie the launchers to an object/platform. I cloned a P-3 Orion and changed its model and stats, but the controllers.ini cannot recognize this clone since it can't recognize the index number. The index number is 1157 and I get a CTD when I click quick mission, mission, etc.

My question is how do I find the "correct" platform/index/whatever number?

Again, grateful for any help thrown my way.

Last edited by Darkhunter; 01-30-12 at 01:27 PM.
Darkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote