Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury
Hello, using the latest IuB and the latest SH3 Commander.

My question is, in the file U-boat numbers.cfg in the cfg folder found in the SH3 Commander directory, the values for the Type IIA are as follows:

[IIA]
ALL=1,2,3,4,5,6

This being historically accurate, is exactly how I want it...
But it's not historically accurate. The Type IIA was not used by any flotilla featured in the game. In fact, all Type IIAs were school boats, and if they saw combat at all they only saw combat as school boats. This type should be the Type IIB, which served extensively with 1st Flotilla, and which is what the latest version of RUb and SH3 Commander models, but there's no way (as far as I know) to change the actual U-boat type number in the game.
LOL I am NOT saying that the deployment of boats is accurate and my question was in no way about that. My post was about the DESIGNATION NUMBERS on the boats. Your quote of me left that part out. I stated that having the IIAs numbered 1 thru 6 was historically accurate, not the deployement of them in 1st. Flt. You do great work Beery and I have played enough WW2 games to expect the resident "Forum Historical Accuracy Police" but please understand the post first.

Anyways... my question is still unanswered. Why are boats of the IIA type numbered higher then 6 when the U-boat numbers.cfg supplied with SH3 Commander seems to show them as limited to 1 - 6 only? (I know that "but there's no way (as far as I know) to change the actual U-boat type number in the game" was in your post Beery, but then why would this file exist?)
Highbury is online   Reply With Quote