Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartzay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartzay
I want to try this mod, however when I try to enable it in JSGME I get an error about Commands_en.cfg and en_menu.txt are already changed by OLC gui special. I compared the 2 files in your mod to the OLC gui ones and while Commands_en was only 2 lines (adding ctrl-s), en_menu had a ton of differences! I noticed that the were pretty similar, but there was a lot of rephrasing of sentances (and a few misspellings :p) in your mod

example.
your mod
262=Royal Navy’s control of the Mediterranean Sea needs to be challenged. Using the bases of our Italian allies, we must disrupt the flow of supplies to the British forces in North Africa while protecting ours.

32=Carrer name already used. Overwrite it?

OLC gui special
262=We must challenge the Royal Navy’s control of the Mediterranean Sea. Using the bases of our Italian allies, we must disrupt the flow of supplies to the British forces in North Africa while protecting the flank of the Afrika Korps.

32=Career name already used. Overwrite it?

Now I dont know if JSGME combines files (forgive me being new to SH3 mods!) or if this will break OLC gui special, which I very much do not want to do! How critical is that en_menu.txt file to this mod?
Again being wrongfully accused... I've neved edited that line, maybe OLC did in his file. I've done only ONE change in each of those two files, and I'm pretty confident about my spelling.

You can enable my mod no problem... It was compatible with the previous version of OLC's work, but there are minor changes. You can fix them manually, if you wish.
Thanks, I already edited in the lines for Commands_en.cfg.

Can you give me a hint as where to look for the changes you made to en_menu?

Oh and sorry about blaming you for the spelling. I realized afterwards that I should probably blame either the SH3 dev team or GWX or someone instead.:rotfl:
Thats right... If you don't know who to blaim, blaim GWX!

The en_menu.txt have only a small change. Open the file (mine) with a txt editor and search for (using the search tool) "SYSTEM" or "DIESEL ENGINE"... You'll find the line. That was changed to fit the System check and diesel engine start, for when you are starting the uboat in the mission, the CTRL+S sound. The command_en.cfg controls the CTRL+S command, while the en_menu.txt controls the spelling of the command in the text box.

For all of those reading this, V3 is under beta-testing (by me and Rubini), and it should be out in a maximum of 48 hours. Have some good changes, I'm pretty happy with this sound pack and I'm pretty confident that this is going to be the last version of it. It's gonna be compatible with the new LifeBoats mod, that should be ready in a week.

Patiently waiting for v3
PT
Just to clear up the confusion over the menu text file... there are a lot of big differences between the OLC GUI v1.2.3 menu text file, and the OLC GUI Special menu text file, because the latter is updated to include all the text changes added to GWX between 1.03 and 2.1. When you release V3, you might want to add your 1 change to the OLC GUI Special menu text file and release your mod with that (it will still work with OLC GUI 1.2.3, and it will include all the GWX 2.1 text changes).
Cheers
OLC