View Single Post
Old 01-11-07, 08:29 AM   #26
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

**Update Released!** Depth Charge Shake v1.02 (for use with GWX)

Changes/ fixes in v1.01:

A) Greatly reduced the badly shaking compartments when cruising on the surface in bad weather-

There is still a slight shake sometimes in heavier seas when cruising on the surface, but I had to make compromises to get the correct shaking effect when being depth charged. Please remember that when this shaking sometimes happens, the u-boat is cutting through large waves on the surface, so this slight shaking effect should be somewhat realistic (hopefully!).

B) Doubled shockwave impulse radius for depth charges and bombs-

Shockwave impulse radiuses for bombs and depth charges was doubled to give a slight underwater shaking effect from farther away depth charge and bomb explosions. But distant explosions still won't be felt. Explosion damage and impulse strength for all bombs and depth charges was unchanged. Only impulse distance was increased.

C) I redid this mod using only the original GWX files, therefore this mod is only for use with GWX. It will probably work with other mods too, but it was specifically designed for and tested with GWX.

**Everyone please note that I have put many hours of playtesting and tweaking into this simple (?) mod to try to find the right balance and effect. I had to make a few compromises due to camera limitations and other things, but I still hope everyone will experience some new fear and excitement in SH3 when being depth charged.**

Download here:
http://files.filefront.com//;6516884;;/

Last edited by nvdrifter; 01-12-07 at 04:26 AM.