View Single Post
Old 05-12-19, 05:38 AM   #8
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Yeah, if it was released to early it was probabaly because they were fast running out of funds - also because it was year behind schedule and people were begging for it to be released. So not a 'cash grab' out of greed but necessity.

Its funny. Compare the posts on steam before and after release (bear in mind many of these type of comments were written by actual grown men which is ... disturbing):

before:
'just release it already, i don't care if it has a ton of bugs- i just wanna play it now. This starting to look like a kick starter scam.'

After:
'OMG! This is just unplayable, no way they should have released it in this state, this is just another broken EA scam!. (proceeds to write a negative review)

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Well... in some fairness... after 4 years of development... maybe 3 or more in hyping and so forth. It was actually starting to look like a kickstarter scam. Also, not entirely sure if there was a connection between the PC game and the boardgame UBoot that moved thru kickstarter at the same time? Seems the gameplay of both are strikingly similar.

I'm not opposed to the early release and waiting a bit for the bugs to be squashed. My main concern with this game is the overall clumsy UI design. I don't know how much of it can be patched/fixed over time and how much of it is now just too embedded into the overall design such that it will always feel clumsy to me.

Last edited by XLjedi; 05-12-19 at 05:48 AM.
XLjedi is offline   Reply With Quote