View Single Post
Old 03-07-21, 05:28 PM   #6598
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Strange. In the CDC study I read again and again that public mitigation measures and wearing masks helped to slow down the pandemic, and you just summarize that as "almost worthless". Hä...?

They mentioned some confounders however, means those variabvles that maybe also may have had an effect were not controlled in the design. But rasinbf what the ylisted as confoundign variable, none of them I see to have any claim for a confusion of that mask are "almost worthless".

The danish study indicates under its conclusions that they meant surgical masks, giving them an efficient infection reduction of 50%. It calls masks a "plausible measure", and reiterates that observational studies show that masks mitigate Covid 19 infections.

In the disucssion of their results, the authors mention nthemselevs that their study has severla limitations, look these up. And add to them the reader's feedback by Carl Llor. What he says about social living realities - spacing, curfews, and a not overly crowded living enviuronbment anyway - is a relevant concern, as valid imo as the fact that the study had a dominance of subjects representing a low mask wearing adherence. These throw off the representational vale of the Danish sample for many other places in the world, including the densely populated European and American states and cities.

We have comrpable obersations in Germany. In several northern regions that are not as dersnely populated than lets say the Ruhrgebiet area, infeciton numbers and death counts were much lower for very logn time, untilt he mutations spread. The contrast between mask-wearer and non-wearers here would is not as intense as in a densely cowded city of the Ruhr area, or a metropole. The lesser density in population and trafficking travellers provides a reduction of infection opportunities and so positive effects of mask wearing will contrast less intensely against the environmental settings.

I do not udnerstand the big thing you try to make out of masks. When you sneezed before Corona, you probably were polite enough to turn away formt he toher or hold the hand before your mouth. Askl yoruslef why you did that. The basic idea of blockign or disrutping airstreams with aerosol to delay the spreading of aerosol clouds, as well as filtering more or less particles due to mesh size, si so elemental that I really do not know what is there to discuss so bitterly, in fact it is boring. It also goes pretty much selfexplanatory that the longer you stay inside an aerosol cloud, the bigger the totla particle load defeating the mnask'S mesh and so accumulating in the subjects nostirls, yew, mouth. Masks do not filter 100%, but only less. With a good mask it takes longe rtime to, and with less efficient material it takes shorter time, wearing mistakes or correct wearing not considered.

To claim form those tow studies that wearinbg amsks is "alomost useless", is a huge exaggeration. Even the Danish authors say that this should not be the conclusion.

Stop being so clever and a number junkey in bit to split hairs for proving a point. Simply apply some healthy reason instead.

And mayb elook at Asia where since almspot two decades they slow down pandemics of any kind by th epopulation showing big compliance in wearing masks. If in case of just a cold, in Japan an office employee wearing a masks in an act or respectcfully protecting others is no uncommon sight.

BTW, I do the same. Since years, though with surgical masks, not with FFP masks. A habit I copied from my mentor almost 40 years ago, who was Japanese.

With now being drugged with vitamines, I do need to do so less often, however. Where until Corona I had 3-4 colds per year, I now have not had any since 12 months.