View Single Post
Old 03-06-21, 12:21 PM   #6591
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The filter material (meltblow), will get wet from the breathing, yes. It should be replaced, else the moisture will allow even more virusses to pass through it, it then is almost a bridge. The masks need to be dried. The the trick is: do not use one mask too long in a row, (is literally printed on every package over here), there is a time limit these masks should be worn in one row.

I use a UVC light for desinfecting them, inside a box. Scepticism is on the order regarding boxes with inbuild UVC-LED (like beign on the market for years now to clean smartphones). They almost all are fake LEDs, just violet LEDs. As far as I heard, the so-called banana test is reliable. - The principle of UV-C desinfection is proven and much used in water purifying, hospitals, ambulance vans...

And another tip, in the open, talking to somebody make sure you position yourself so that the wind is coming from the side (or your back ). Do exactly the other way around than a hunter would prefer: avoid having the wind in your face, blowing from the direction where the other stands. No brainer.

Wearing two masks, i only took note of the first such message, and it was about wearing a surgical mask and a cotton amsk together. Makes sense to e, but the moisture thign sneed toi be tracked. Doing so with FFP2 masks is imo not recommandable, the breathing becomes too heavy, I would expect. But that is what they did not recommend anyway. Just surgery masks and cotton mask. Why not wearing just an FFP mask in the first...?

I am a night man, I get out of bed very late, but go to beed extremely late as well, 3-4 am. I prefer to go to supermarkets in the night hours, currently. Meets my living rythm. And has only a tenth or less of people around, compared to the day. I chose those times where visitor frequency is the lowest. Since the night is mine anyway, I really dont mind.

Never ring my door bell before 10am in the morning, if you want to grow old.