View Single Post
Old 10-11-21, 09:47 AM   #248
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

24 May 1942

Gilberts
My second recon-in-force destroyer group arrived in Tarawa, and like the group at Ocean Island, was attacked by a submarine. Our ships evaded and retaliated, scoring some near miss damage before it got away.

Again, I wouldn't expect to find a sub here passing through. Is every island here with a small port a sub base?

Thailand and Burma
His sweeps hit Tavoy while my battleships approached with the CVBG's air cover, so the navy's CAP participated in the fight. 4 Oscars were shot down along with 2 Martlets from the CVBG.

The battleships hit the invading armies at Tavoy hard, causing significant disruption.

China
Kaifeng isn't looking any better. We shot down a Nate trying to get to our bombers, but we don't have enough bombers to make up for their slowly building numerical advantage on the ground.

Refits and Reinforcements
Repairs completed on DMS Chandler at San Francisco, ship returned to service (AA upgrade)
Repairs completed on CL Phoenix at Alameda, ship returned to service (AA upgrade)
38th BG/70th BS arrives at Eastern USA (probably unrestricted B-26s--can't check right now as they are off the board while in transit to L.A.)
301st BG/419th BS arrives at Mojave (3/8 B-17, restricted)

Last edited by Molon Labe; 10-11-21 at 10:24 AM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote