View Single Post
Old 12-20-19, 12:30 AM   #12802
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
Hi, I just bought SH5 from steam. I realized that I cannot enter the game without recreating a UPlay account first. Would that cause me not be able to use TWoS mod? I am not sure what is Uplay version and what is not? Would linking my game to Uplay automatically turn it into a Uplay version?
The Steam version and Uplay versions are different. But you need it updated to version 1.20. Once you have it updated run the TWoS installer and be sure to run the Steam conversion. Then follow the directions for the rest of the install. When you launch the game after that do not launch it from steam. Either launch it directly from the SH5.exe or make a shortcut to it on your desktop and launch the game from there. This will cause it to bypass Steam because the conversion process sort of turns it into a CD version of the SH5.exe but if you launch it from steam then steam will be trying to update it. I use the Steam version and I actually don't even launch Steam to play this game after the conversion. It will still launch uplay but you can use it in offline mode.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote