Old 01-11-21, 03:58 PM   #2547
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Speed... or lack, thereof....

ahoy,

Got a weird question to ask...

In game, the base portion SH4 or the mod itself... is wave action/currents, modeled in them.?

Reason I ask, is... noted that for some reason, I came to a dead stop it seemed like.. like the sub got dropped to its knees, is a sub had knees that is...

When I checked by using the side view options (, & .) & the free cam (F12) view... sub was like.. not moving, yet the props were going as they should... but... NO forward movement, . Had the telegraph set to 1/3 ahead... by either selecting the secondary view of the telegraph section from the 1/3-2/3, etc. view to seeing the numbered knots speed section, & clicking on the 3 knots, I could get the sub moving once more.. there was a time or 2, that even doing that, did NOT work, I'd have to slam the telegraph from 1/3 ahead, to 2/3's ahead, let it ramp up to like... 5.. 6 knots, then push it back into 1/3 ahead.

This occurred like... 3-5 times, as I recall.

Sea conditions that I noted during those times of this happening, were choppy, but not serious swells, in game...

Just wanted to ask, as I'm not completely sure that it's a bug... but.. ya never know...

M. M.