View Single Post
Old 01-09-20, 09:58 PM   #5
Fidd
XO

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Question: Does the campaign mod prevent normal play amongst "GP" players using an un-modded version of the game?

If the answer is "no", then I withdraw the assertion that it's "too early to mod". If "yes" then my concern is that if the experienced players gradually all bugger off and play in flotillas/modded versions of the game, leaving newcomers short of experienced players to teach them the ropes, then a case could be argued that mods are hurting the ability of the game to grow, particularly in the multi-player environment. My point being that nothing will burn out players training up new blood than having their mates leave the GP game - leaving all such training to them.

So it all depends if the modded version of the game is compatible with the "out of the box version". In a year or two, with a much greater number of trained-up players, then this distinction will be less important, but at the moment it seems - to me at least - to be potentially very tricky as regards the wider health of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for modding in the ordinary way, but there's a logical point where it does more harm than good, imho, we're not there yet, far from it in fact.
Fidd is offline   Reply With Quote