View Single Post
Old 09-29-19, 10:30 AM   #21
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFin View Post
I haven't given up yet. I'm just involved in too many projects. I want to thank the previous two posters suggesting a complete rewrite of the s-boat .sim files from scratch.

That's something I want to try. I'm also trying to find out more about the executable and whether something can be done through binary patching that exe.
i think its more then that, i could be wrong but i think the actual file itself might be broken at its core so it may need something like taking a normal fleetboat sub file that isnt broken and then completely rewrite it to become a replacement for the s-boat file.

its definitely a huge undertaking to fix because the fix requires creating something completely new and discard the garbage file thats there

i think they threw the s-boats in the game and just did enough to make them function without fully integrating them into the games core elements control functions for how they act.

as is stock s-boats are nearly indestructible hulls and the battery life and fuel ranges are no where near reality in the least. you can even ram DD with them to sink the DD and only take minor damage