View Single Post
Old 10-21-08, 08:24 PM   #738
Hanomag
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Good news folks... only 5 er..shots of the range. Not too bad...

Of course I had a stroke when the range safety put me at a firing point with a 25 yard target. Being the lazy ex lawman I am, all my training courses of fire (both NYPD and INS) were 7yds 15yds 25yds. With the max rounds at the 7yd line.
So I was like .. . My targets gonna look like a shotgun blast. Eventually I whined enough til the safety took pity on me and moved me down to the closer firing points.

ok on with the pics...

1. In Blue, Rebels SO with Ruger .22, In brown Hanomag, Kimber .45, and 2 Texicans on the far right NOT with us.

2. Left, Nikimcbee was shooting the .38, Right, Rebels SO still plinking away with her .22.

3. Left, Hanomag wondering why his bullets haven't hit the target yet (AoB maybe), Middle, Dan (Elaniaba) with Ruger .40, right, UnderSeaLcpl spotting.

4. Left, Chad's Dad Kyle poppin some caps, Middle, Rebel, Right, Neal Steves sending signals for runner to steal 3rd base?

5. Left, Nikimcbees shoulder?, Middle, Chad firing up the target with the Kimber .45, Right, Elanaiba watching the show.

After about 300 rounds of .45, I spent about an hour cleaning my gun at Neals BUT since I ran out of Q-tips it required an additional 40 minutes more when I returned home.

Thank god for Chads dad Kyle, he was the one who spotted the stop rods slot in the slide rod. My Kimbers a new gun to me I had only broken it down once b4. It looks like a standard 1911 commander (with some shmancy coloring and other assorted accoutrements) but internally there are definitely some differences.

Overall it was a fun day with a minimal amount of sweating required. Unfortunately team GWX was too "Shell Shocked" to attend. :rotfl:

"Only if I can save first..."
Hanomag is offline   Reply With Quote