View Single Post
Old 07-19-22, 05:17 AM   #1506
CapitainEA
Seaman

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I do have a question: what is that program that interrupts your gameplay just before the 46 minute mark? That is a "shell-out to Windows Desktop", and that can cause issues with the game, since it is an old single-core program, written for DirectX v9.0c. It does not understand "multi-tasking" or the cpu powering up or down, etc., none of that 'modern' OS stuff. So when the computer shells-out, sometimes not all of the resources are in the same place for the game to find.
@probeanie. No, the software did not interrupt my game, it was me who did CRTL+ALT+SUP to return to the desktop, because returning to the desktop fixes the graphical bug. As you can see before the 46mins the destroyers are transparent and after the 46mins the destroyers are no longer transparent.
The software is just the windows music software and it's not what bugs my game, because when I don't activate it it's the same problem.
On the other hand, I noticed that the bug appears when I go to the "command post" of my submarine.
And this bug does not appear at the beginning of the mission. Indeed, when I start a mission I can put the graphics to the maximum everything works correctly.

I too have a question: can DirectX be the cause of this bug?
In fact, when I install my game, the game asks me to install the old DirectX files... If I refuse, will my game still work with the new DirectX files? and can it fix my problem if i leave the new ones?

Quote:
I notice also that there is pixelation on the ship's wake there just after the 46 minute mark, and if that is in the game, that is not correct. Of course, it could be a video processing artifact, I don't know, but if it is displaying like that in the game, there is something amiss in the video stream...
These pixelations are not a problem at all, when I activate the "Texture quality high" option in the graphics options these pixelations in the wakes of the ships and my submarine disappear.
For information, I do not activate this option when I am in the presence of a large convoy otherwise my game crashes.

Quote:
You might experiment with the SH4.exe "Properties" on the "Compatibility" tab for some of the video settings, and see if anything improves there.
I tried all the compatibilities of the "Properties" of SH4.exe. They don't solve the problem. But, thank you for this idea

Another question, can the problem be caused by a defect in the refresh of the image, because when I lower the Hz of my screen compared to that of my game the bug is less strong?
For example, when I set my screen to 1920*1080 60Hz resolution and my game to 1920*1080 60Hz resolution when I return to desktop, my game crashes. However, when I put my screen at 60Hz and my game at 59Hz, my game does not crash when I return to desktop...

Quote:
But I am at a loss as to what would be impacting your game, other than game mechanics (bandwidth) when ships and planes spawn nearby, which each spawn will cause a slight "hitch" in the display if you are using much time compression, so as a convoy gets within roughly 24nm, you'll start experiencing little "hiccups" as each ship spawns into the game, and if using high TC, the whole convoy might spawn within a second or two of real time, and cause a noticeable "pause" in the game, but then it should resolve, and then just the bandwidth used for display would impact the game. This is somewhat similar in nature to getting close to a major port with a lot of ships and planes in the area.
It is true that I use the time compression a lot and at its maximum capacity, because I always sail at minimum speed, because I play with the limited diesel in order to save my diesel.
Indeed, I feel it's small jumps when a convoy is in my hydrophone detection zone.

Could this bug be caused by the fact that I compress time a lot?

Another question, what is the “Vertical Sync” option in the graphics option for? Because my game bugs a lot more when I activate it?

Cordially, Captain_PUJOL

Last edited by CapitainEA; 07-19-22 at 06:53 AM.
CapitainEA is offline   Reply With Quote