Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 01-03-20, 04:44 PM   #64
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The "dock" thingie cannot change without the base moving, which is controlled in the Flotillas.upc file. At Narvik (in NavalBase base file), the anchor is in the middle of the dock. The only way that moves is if the flotilla moves, which is why I was wondering about the date of your arrival. As for 'friendly' traffic, after a "ship spotted" message, the next would be "We're taking damage, sir!" if you collide, and that's with just about anything. With the mine, you should hear the explosion, you might see water splash if you're on the bridge, but you should see a camera shake (same thing for a collision, maybe not as violent), and then you might have the "We're taking damage, sir!" message, but you would also normally get a "We have flooding, sir!", which you might not always see with a collision. With the mine, things should escalate, and there'd be no doubt about what it was, unless you are deep in the water, and then it's over quick, of course, sometimes never knowing what hit you...

It doesn't sound like you have that Save available anymore though, so it'd be a bit tough to trouble-shoot now. When you say the "Dock" prompt went away, do you mean from the middle of the screen, or from the upper-right corner of the screen, up by where the Silent Running and Underwater icons show? Do you remember if you had emptied the Save folder after activating the mod? Was / is the 4gig patch (LAA or another) properly activated on the SH4.exe file? Does it seem to be OK now? Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote