View Single Post
Old 12-17-19, 04:19 PM   #26
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaxii View Post
The LAA and read only attributes where the first things I checked, but both seemed to be fine, I've also looked at the drivers, but the last update was 2016 (and that is also the latest) so I'm not too sure if that might be the problem as I also have KSDII running fine using another copy of the SHIV folder method you detailed, so for some reason it just seems to be this mod. Is there anyway I can re-download the specific C++ redistributible, or find out which one is being specifically used by the mod? As looking at a previous topic some people have had issues before with a certain C++ redistributible throwing a CTD which was fixed by uninstalling it, but unfortunately I don't have that specific redistributible installed on my system so it must be a different one if it is that. Thanks for the help so far though!
As Randomizer mentions above, try another download of the mod attempt. There are not C++ library files (dll) in Dark Waters. It is all game files that are modded. C++ library issues are very difficult to troubleshoot, because of the plethora of them available. If you look in your Installed Programs (Apps & Features), and display the Windows Components, you might see 15 files named with "C++ Library", from 2006, 2008, etc., sometimes with four and five of them from the same year. Each game developer might add one little "feature" to the library, and they make a new file for it, so oftentimes, you cannot remove any of them for fear of messing-up something else on the computer. Silent Hunter 4 might use multiple dll libraries also, since it was released in 2007, but updated in 2008...Try a new Dark Waters download first, and if that doesn't do it, you might have to re-do the game install in that folder - or do a different mod there and try a different copy of the game... Come to think of it, I don't think I modded my "base" Steam SH4...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote