View Single Post
Old 03-02-14, 09:13 AM   #61
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Glad to be of assistance, I actually added to the post about 5 times over the weekend as I thought of more things!

Could you clarify the use of the deisel generators to recharge the batteries? In the name of experimentation, I shut down the turbines and scrammed the reactors, then tried running on battery power after turning off all non-essential systems. Despite having both generators thudding away at 80% throttle the battery drained faster than i could imagine, I had even deliberately slowed to 2 knots to minimise load. The battery only started recharging once I had got the nukes back online. On the first test, I made the mistake of running this test submerged, and it tickled me to see the air supply diminish and the last 4 crew members running round the boat looking for some air. They ended up hiding in the reactor antechamber, which was all well and good until I opened the reactor chamber door and hit them with a blast of radiation (~70sV/hr) from the damaged No.1 reactor! Mmwaaahaaahaaahaahaaa!

edit
Quote:
It's funny you mention using realistic panels, that's something I've been thinking about adding for a while. Maybe I'll introduce them as an optional feature soon too.
Optional schmoptional, if you implement them, I'm having them!

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote