Old 11-20-09, 02:25 AM   #770
pjb1
Seaman

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey111 View Post
I'm not talking about active intercept.
The situation is that when torpedo is on my six (dead zone) I should hear pings hitting my subs body - when I'm not in active intercept station. But I don't hear it.
I have a post earlier here about and it was discovered that there is a dead zone to your 180 or behind you there is no active intercept sensor on the screw and the TA doesnt pick up active sonar. I have talked to some people that do this for real and they say its realistic that you wont "hear" the pings hitting your sub body if you do then its real real close and you are about to die, the pinging you do hear is still coming thru the active intercept station. I understand what you mean by hearing pings if this was true then you would hear pings when playing surface ships but when in surface ship you cant hear any pings ever because there is no active intercept. If there was a way to turn off the active intercept station then you would never hear any pings no matter where torp was, does this make sense to you now. Also you should try browsing thru all the posts because this has been addressed earlier also many other things.
pjb1 is offline   Reply With Quote