View Single Post
Old 03-27-11, 12:44 PM   #358
u-969
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Talon View Post
This is ridiculous. Bismarck vs 4 battleships and 10 destroyers.
3 battleships sunk (Rodney, Hood, Renown)
1 battleship heavily damaged (Nelson)
7 destroyers sunk

GODDAMMIT THEY CANT HIT ANYTHING! I MEAN 4 BATTLESHIPS AND A PACK OF DESTROYERS AGAINST A SINGLE BATTLESHIP? I DIDN'T TAKE ALMOST ANY HITS AND I WOULD HAVE SUNKEN THEM ALL BUT MY AMMO RUN OUT.
YOU MUST FIX THIS BUG IN 3.1

Sorry for the caps lock (cock slap).
Yes i noticed this too, i think its in the GWX mod, if you play the GWX-Bismark breakout mission you can see it there clearly, Bismark will put down Hood and Prince Of Wales in a matter of minutes, which is true to real life, that actually happened

but in the game she will go on to destroy an almost infinite amount of destroyers and cruisers without any help from you. whats more she will take 100's of hits and suffer no real damage, again this seems true to real life as she later engaged Rodney, KGV and Ark Royal, possibly Nelson as well in a fight to the deaf, the British ships pounded Bismark until they ran out of ammo, mostly at point blank range as they found there guns were just not getting through Bismarks amour, quite amazing really.

Tirpitz is the same in the GWX mod, i think these historical facts got the programmers a little over exited when it came to the two fat H-38??? battle wagons. there indestructible in the game.

While both these ships proved there metal in reality, and the multi layered, all welded protection design 'was' second to none, as was the strength of the actual amour... i do think GWX have it blown out of proportion, they were not 'completely' indestructible. and its no fun when your enemy don't stand a chance, especially when there crews all seem cross eyed, yeah. to me bismarks amour needs to be wound back and the enamy guners need to be better.

Last edited by u-969; 03-27-11 at 08:02 PM.
u-969 is offline   Reply With Quote