View Single Post
Old 03-10-11, 12:29 AM   #351
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Hi, has anyone managed to get WO3.3C1 loaded & working? If so, any info would be great, question though, does it run alongside GWX3 or is this a vanilla only mod? I downloaded but have tried to install ontop of GWX & only manage CTD's.
The mod is for GWX 3.0(I don't know if it works with the stock SH3 but I don't think so).
Regarding the crashes that you have experienced they are related to the fact that some parts of some files are written in Chinese language.This means that,if you are using a computer in which the default writing uses latin printings,the words in Chinese language will be seen by your computer(and by SH3)as simbols instead of printings.
To give you an example and to show you clearly what I mean here there's a little example,taken from the Chinese 47 mod.This is written in Chinese language and this is how it looks like on my computer if I look at it.
Inside the mod(WO3.3C1) there are some folders for the various resolutions fixes.This is how it looks the name of the folder on my pc:
-1280x1024分辨力补丁
The squares beside the numbers are Chinese letters(don't ask me what letters are no idea)but due to the fact that my pc uses latin letters,they are incorrectly displayed.
Remember that these squares are not recognized by SH3 also.This means that SH3 will not consider at all this folder(the one of the example).
How to solve the problem?In this example is quite simply...
Rename the folder something like "1280x1024 Resolution Fix (just an example) and that should do the trick to let your "latin" version of SH3 recognize the folder.
This was a very simple example to give you an idea of what is causing the problem.Immagine what happens if,for example,this occour in a .CFG file...this is what causes the game's crashes that you have experienced.
So,before enabling the mod(WO3.3C1),check ALL the files inside it and if you find a file written in "simbols" re-write it correctly using "latin" letters.
Sorry for my English but I'm not mother tongue so I've tried to explain it as best as I can.
I hope it could be of help to solve the CTD problems!

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 03-10-11 at 12:43 AM.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote