View Single Post
Old 07-03-23, 09:59 AM   #4081
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
...we're monitoring the slowing down of our last cat, Penelope, or 'Ms. P' as she is affectionatly known. She sleeps most of the day in heated pads or sunshine windowed locations but still demands attention at age 14. The other 3 are on the mantle in their cremation caskets; I 'spect 'P' will be the last of our pampered felines. I feed 'em, clip 'em comb 'em, skritch 'em, and manage the fetid catbox; but they always prefer my wife's adoration to mine??!.
Quote:
@ Aktung. Enjoy Ms P and your others as I know you and the missus already do. Our other cats prefer my lady over me, I think. I'm their second " bestest " person they know but I'm still on the bottom of the list.
My other chore that I do is trimming the cats' nails with a set of cat nail clippers; this involves putting the feline on its back in your lap under your arm; splaying the toes lightly and snipping deftly without damaging the cuticle. The cat-thumb requires extra attention. Time(3-4 minutes tops?!!) is of the essence before the critter begins to to wiggle free . Thank God hind-paws only have four nails! The neighbors caught wind of this so I do only indoor cats as requested. Outdoor cats need their defensive armament. I have the cat scratches& bites to show for it, to boot, on my hands and wrists. After a time though, they just slump in my lap and endure the misery. It saves on the upholstery and bedcover tears wherever the beast prefers to languish. My cat always looks at me defiantly as she sharpens her claws on the scratching post afterwards, ruining my good work!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote