View Single Post
Old 09-04-10, 11:16 PM   #1462
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default ATI versus Nvidia

Thanks Zee using the ATI CCC catalysor I overclocked - cautiously - my gpu by just 10%.Both the pc qnd gpu are new so no point in risking voiding thez warranties by overdoing it.Yes the fps are a bit higher...However the solution will be for me to buy myself a new gpu for Xmas probably an ATI 4890 or 5570 with ddr5. Apparently after reading tons of stuff on the subject of gpu what matters for performance are the nu,ber of treams, the more the better, and the typeof memory; ddr5 being the best and fastest and ddr2 being the slowest.

Sorry Lc My Friend I am an ATI ,an myself but without being fanatical about it.My experience with 2 Nvidia cards has been less than good and ATI has been favourable.Both companies are American but Nvidia does not manufacture its gpu relying entirely instead on Taiwanese manufacturers whereas ATI still manufactures - not entirely though - its cards. Makes may be for better quality control? Anyway it's off topic and I don't want to start a debate ; to each their own as long as they' re happy with it!BTW I read that the GTX295 is a pretty good and performing gpu.See you on the battlefield LC

Zee you are indeed transforming Zee versus T 34 to the point that this sim will become a classic no serious tank simmer passioned by WWII can do without!Can't wait for the Panther ausf. D even non playable

Thanks for all the hardwork and dedication.

Faithfully yours

Welcome aboard TVst Addict, I remember coming across your name often on threads in the past always smiling at your handle What other ssim:games do you play besides the obvious?I have consulted your UK -based help website on tvsT and it's very useful
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote